Tuesday 20 March 2018

It's March already!  I don't know where the time has gone...
Recently I have been very full-on, recovered from a minor operation which created what seemed to an incredible flare-up, short lived and then (knock on wood) a very long spate of WOW I am cured.  Yeeah right!!  But a very long spate of feeling pretty bloody fantastic.  So, I am not bragging but I am only wishing to give hope to those who think they won't have a stretch of goodness, with minimal pain.

Before my surgery my chronic pain was seriously chronic!  I mean every day I was sad and hurting, and hurting from the moment I woke up to the moment I laid down, with the distraction of work and motherhood in between to make me think maybe I wasn't hurting but Lord knows it didn't stop.  This went on for months, at least 3.  Strangely enough, the surgery I had was totally unrelated to my pain, or so I thought... my pain was in my low back persistently, my hips and my groin as well, and of course sometimes all over aching and the regular sore to touch spots.  Then as a by-product of this surgery, while the Dr's were doing their bits, they happened to remove scar tissue from my intestines, and from my spine.  I found this out by reading my discharge papers and had to google all the 'medical words' to even know what else they got up to in there.  I was super surprised they did this but in my search I found out that there is a common chronic pain caused by scar tissue on the spine!  What the heck, NO ONE EVER TOLD ME that this could be causing part of my discomfort or even suggested that it was a possibility.  Or why?!!  Im guessing it is from my c-section of my first child, or a back injury (disc related) (or maybe both)... but it was scar tissue none-the-less... I have yet to ask because I haven't had my post-op Dr appt yet, which so far I am surprised there hasn't even been a letter to advise 2 months later!  Oh the politics right?!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm cured, or that this was my overall problem, I know I have fibro and that I always will but who's to say this wasn't exacerbating the symptoms?!!  It's a real bummer I know, for all of us who have fibro, but it is a little slice of heaven in my eyes... something that has made me feel a heck of lot better, that I wasn't expecting and for awhile (still today) not feeling like I was in a 90 year old body, frail and delicate, achey and sore, struggling to move, and waiting for the next flare up!!  Long may it continue.

I guess it is the small things.  I'll take it!  Anything that increases my happy threshold, my healthy outlook, my future not so in pain self, I am all up for.

Go well fellow fibro'ees.  Rest well, eat healthy, enjoy any pain free moment you can!  

No comments:

Post a Comment